- The Core Ten steel was selected to encourage natural weathering.
- Compact design with a very high degree of attention to detail.
- Passive solar design.
- Virtually Fireproof and Seismically stable.
- The Structural building materials used are: glass, steel, and SIREWALL. All inorganic materials.
- A large steel shutter slides open and closed in front of the south window.
- The steel doors are 800# and the steel roof is 10,000#.
- The siding is 3/8″ Steel.
- The 24″ SIREWALL makes for an R33 wall.
Awards and Recognition
- Dwell Magazine, First Class Cabins
Location: Salt Spring Island, British Columbia
Architect / Designer: Tom Kundig
Builder: Terra Firma Builders