Learn About Rammed Earth
Book SIREWALL’s Founder for a Presentation
A pioneer in the modern earth building movement, Meror Krayenhoff believes that most buildings constructed today are inadequate in meeting the needs of current and future generations.
Buildings constructed using stabilized, insulated rammed earth can be stronger, healthier, resistant to mold, rot, pests, low maintenance and last for generations. He believes architecture should focus on resilient, restorative design that considers all costs in the short and longer term, while reflecting the values of the owner, community and the environment.
Having worked exclusively with earth construction around the globe for the past two decades, Meror has acquired a wealth of experience that can be shared with a range of audiences. Introduction to insulated rammed earth course alumni know that Meror’s lectures reliably generate deep green conversations and provocative debates. Some topical themes he has presented on include:
His presentation topics include:
- It’s not about changing light bulbs! Dramatic reductions in carbon emissions can start with how buildings are constructed.
- Designing and creating buildings that last 200 years
- Transforming the built environment and changing current realities
- The evolution of and modern applications of rammed earth construction around the globe
- Using what is readily available can transform disaster areas and build communities designed to last for generations
- Technical aspects of stabilized, insulated rammed earth with examples from 50 commercial and residential projects
- Meror’s personal journey to create a structural insulated rammed earth system suited for hot, cold and wet climates.
Contact us to create a compelling story for your delegates Tel: 250-537-9355.
Contact us today to book SIREWALL’s founder for an inspirational presentation.
Introduction to Insulated Rammed Earth Course:
SIREWALL offers insulated rammed earth courses as an introduction for homeowners, builders, designers, architects, engineers, investors, building inspectors and those involved in green building.