2013 Course dates on Salt Spring Island:
April 13, 14
May 4, 5
June 22, 23
August 17, 18
Reserve your seat today at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ask us about group rates.
Click here to learn more about booking a presentation with SIREWALL Founder, Meror Krayenhoff.
Insulated Rammed Earth Courses With SIREWALL
SIREWALL’s hands-on Stabilized Insulated Rammed Earth Course Introduction Course is designed for homeowners, builders, designers, architects, engineers, investors, building inspectors and those involved in green building. Held over two days on the weekend on Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, participants will get an introduction to rammed earth including:
- Touring multiple SIREWALL homes – being inside is so different than looking at pictures (Salt Spring Island Course).
- Making rammed earth samples to take home – a hands-on experience that includes choosing the soil at the pit and analyzing soil blends.
- Engaging in “deep green” conversations; a contextual construct to assess green alternatives.
- Exploring aspects of design and engineering for the best use this new material.
- Comparing applications around the rammed earth world, what works and what does not work.
- Learning how to participate in moving this technology forward and how can you make a difference.
Join instructors Meror Krayenhoff, head of SIREWALL and Terra Firma Builders Ltd., Joss Krayenhoff, SIREWALL Master Earth Mason on beautiful Salt Spring Island off the coast of Vancouver for this course. Cost: $595 plus HST per person, $995 plus HST for two people.
While participants often complete this course feeling inspired, ready to dig in and change the world…
SIREWALL neither endorses nor considers the Introductory Course as preparation for any builder to construct a SIREWALL or rammed earth home or building. To maintain our commitment to quality and uphold our building standards, SIREWALL does offer in-depth apprentice training for qualified applicants to become SIREWALL Project Managers. Please ask us for more information.